Saturday, September 15, 2007

Pain, pain, go away!

A couple of days ago, I pushed my body a bit over the edge with some hard workouts and now i can't walk. I figured this out when i tried to sit down on the toilet to pee in the middle of the night. Midway through lowering my ass, i realized that the quads were not willing to support my weight, and i plopped hard onto the ceramic rim! Trying to get off the toilet was just as enjoyable. I had to hold onto the edge of the toilet seat so i could spring myself off the toilet. Elegant.
Walking down the stairs from bedroom to kitchen was just as rediculous. It's so bizarre to be an elite athlete who can't walk - and NO crashes to blame on it, just sore muscles.
Even though the soreness is a bit of a hassle, it does feel really good to be sore from exercise! It makes me feel like I actually worked out.

On another note, my Ahrens Team Bike is coming along! It is totally custom made to fit my freaky "Olive Oil" body. As soon as it is fully built, I'll post a photo. Their bikes will be on display at the Vanderkitten Booth at Interbike. I hear that VDK is doing a Flemish Theme party at their booth. If you stop by, let me know how it was and do have some beer and chocolate for me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

...good solid looking cross frame...nice paint scheme for vanderkitten kick-ass cross chicks...i like...

...well now, this next part is why the i-net is just so valuable... to share truly important information...you brought this up, so here we go...ya know those cold winter mornings when the seat is so chilly ya can't even remember why you sat down ???...padded toilet seats DO NOT GET COLD !!!...fact...
...& should your legs be sore & you plop down, wow, soft landing...see, it's good to share...

...i should probably sign off as 'anon' but what are friends for & besides, i just don't care...i'm like that...

Grey said...

i'm usually not the one who breaks out a magnifying glass and criticizes photos of bikes on the interweb...but, most frames can't be set on the ground like that because of this little nub on the drive side drop out called a derailleur hanger. where's yours?

Anonymous said...

...good question grey...i saw the exposed metal & w/out thinking i just assumed bolt on hanger...what up, p, bolt on, single fix ???...

PEANUT said...

thanks for the advice BGW!
Very perceptive grey! Ahrens had the frames painted without the deraileur hangers so they are easy to remove if necessary. Otherwise it would have been an ugly scene if i had to take it off just before a race - carving through paint!

Anonymous said...

Grey, the marble floor in front of my plasma screen at the chateau as a special divot just for derailleur tabs. Yours doesn't?
-- E.C. Chamberlain

Big Bad Wolf said...

Grey, welcome to the invention of the removable derailleur hanger.