Monday, September 24, 2007

Sneak Peek at my VDK Cross Kit

TWENTY DAYS until my first cross race! I have never ever been THIS EXCITED for the season to start. Yippidy-do-dah!!!

When i'm raring to go, it makes it even harder to read about all the cross races that are going on right now - without me! I do understand that I must be patient and not start my season too early so I am best prepared for a long hefty european season of racing, but nonetheless i'm still just as anxious to get going.

While I was checking the internet to see how my competition is doing in the early season races, I read that a former teammate of mine, Sarah Kerlin, just placed 2nd in the Star Crossed Event up in Redmond, WA. Very cool! AND my current teammate on Vanderkitten, Allison Beall, placed 18th in the same event - nice job against a star-studded field!

The next big cross races is this week in Vegas. Even though I dislike that town, I probably would have enjoyed the spectacle of racing there since it's being held concurrently with Interbike - USA's largest bike show. At least my teammate Mandy will be at the race to put on a good show while she challenges the gals for the win! On a side note, I'm also bummed to miss out on the Belgian beer and chocolate at the Vanderkitten booth.

If you go to the show, please stop by VDK booth and say hello to Dave for me. You can use this as an excuse to enjoy his beer and chocolate. Oh, and be sure to cheer for Mandy for me!

About our cycling jersey above: VDK went with Belgian clothing company Bio-Racer. They make amazing clothes - I wore them when I raced for Lotto-Belisol last year. I just can't wait to slide into the skinsuit and hop on the matching Ahrens Bike. We are going to look hot, hot, hot!!!

10 comments:

StevenCX said...

Awesome kit! The competition will have to bow down before the race even starts!

PEANUT said...

Thanks Steven!

Big Bad Wolf said...

Can't wait to see those VDK colors in Europe

PEANUT said...

me too!

gewilli said...

I can't wait to see em in New ENGLAND! Or as folks around here have been calling it "New Belgium"

Anonymous said...

...need a 'mens auxiliary' version...green & red plaid, "i support hot kick-ass vanderkittens"...woof...

PEANUT said...

New Belgium - love it!
Regarding the jerseys, I think the jersey - as is - would look sexy on any man secure enough to wear it! It's always the guys wearing pink and purple sporting flowered picnic baskets on their bikes who get all the action!

Dave Shishkoff said...

heh - bring one to SF if you dare, i'll let you snap a pic of me in it.

Looks awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Peanut, your last comment makes me think you must be speaking of Elmo. If rumors are true, he has been using Karate -- moves that Elvis would envy -- to fend off top-models lurking behind every corner. He does, however, screw up his Japanese, shouting, just as he strikes: やった〜!
-- E.C. Chamberlain

Allison said...

Thanks for the shoutout. My boyfriend found your blog in a Google search for "Starcrossed." I'm still a "roadie" in a cx world, but I'm slowly getting better, and I'm excited to be a part of the Vanderkitten team. Good luck with your racing!