Saturday, October 27, 2007

Butt Cold in Belgium


Since I've been back here in Belgium a few people have asked me what the hell i was thinking to come back to Belgium from California. To rub it in, i just got an email from a friend back in NorCal telling me that it was over 85 degrees F (30 degrees C) a couple of days ago! We are suffering from steady days of 45 degrees F (8 degrees C) at best!

I had forgotten how it takes over twenty minutes more just to put clothes on for a ride. AND god forbid i opt for bibs. Inevitably i will have to pee just after zipping the ninth layer of clothing. Maybe it happens because i have bibs. I just don't remember this happening when i wear only shorts. If anyone reading this blog finds themselves with a few extra moments, can you please come up with a way for us gals to easily pee while wearing bibs?

9 comments:

Big Bad Wolf said...

Cold?? I've been riding this morning and it was a lush 8 degrees C. Only took me 10 minutes to get ready for the ride. Once in the forest I was steaming in no time.. Nice temps for a long singletrack-ridden ride. Lovely to be out in the overcast forest, taking in the myriad shades of green and brown. Be prepared, it's gonna get a lot colder yet..

Big Bad Wolf said...

oh, I love the oranges ..

PEANUT said...

i have decided that if it gets any colder, I will jump into the mobilehome and drive my bike training loops. Not only will i keep warm, but i can pee at will.
Yes, woods were nice. I went in the belgian nat'l team training woods and followed their loop. crisp but beautiful.

Big Bad Wolf said...

If you feel up to it we could go for a training in Meerdael Forest one of these days.
You with your cyclocross bike and me with my mtb... I know all the best peeing spots so there's no worries in that department :)

bikesgonewild said...

...non sequitur to your non sequitur...design of carved orange would make for a great halloween pumpkin carving...pretty cool...no race tomorrow ?...

Katie said...

The topic of pee-friendly bibs came up just yesterday, in fact. While we found no solid solutions, some brainstorms include:

*Stretching out the bibs so much that you need never remove them. Of course, they're now loose and worthless, but you can pee whenever you want!

*A funnel.

*Don't wear bib shorts. This approach has yielded the best results in our labs.

Mark said...

I think Adidas or someone is making bib shorts with snaps on the bibs for easy pee breaks.

Kinda genius yet totally obvious.

Tiina said...

ha ha, Sounds like Finland! ;-) We have between 0-10C depending on the day... wishing to have snow soon but we will see! Hang on there Californian Girl!
Ps. thanks for the comments on my blog.

koendp@mac.com said...

For the peeing problem:
Maybe: http://www.p-mate.com/eng/intro.html
??
Being male myself I have to admit never tested it.