Wednesday, March 21, 2007

It's raining, it's pouring...

since the rest of the song WOULD bore me to tears, i'll skip it for the moment. (sorry to those jongens who missed the reference.) Today i have a 5 hour training ride in the friggin' rain...again and again and again!!! UGH. I just want the sun to shine if but only for a moment. No such luck thus far as i sit here alongside Tom (Boonen) on the loveseat as we peer out the window hoping against friggin' hope, darnit!

Normally i'm not this sour about foul weather but my tummy has been hurting since my attempt at Omloop Het Volk sans (see i'm getting fluent by the minute) food. Thankfully I have my mud-buddy (aka Big Eyes) to join me for today's outing. OH, WAIT A MINUTE, I SEE SUN. Here comes the sun, oops. Sorry, i won't finish that song either. Uh-oh. And there it goes. HUP - and there it is again! I hate this game. Did you ever have those days where you swear the universe or at least Zeus (or i suppose even Hermes the trickster or Demeter) is playing games with you? Well, I'm having one of those days right now. Sun, sun, sun, here it comes...

As i sit here watching the sun bob in and out of my windows, I'm realizing this is exactly what i requested a few sentences ago - for the sun to come out if but only for a moment. I guess there's some truth behind the overused phrase, "be careful what you wish for, because you always get it." I am now officially changing my wish to perma-sun all day long. HEY, guess what? The sun is holding steady now for almost a minute, two, three, four, five and gone. And the rain just turned to hail. Great.

I wish they made windshield wipers for bike computers. Or maybe if they could come equipped with weather sensors so I can read my kph, rph, alt, avg, max, tmp,tot, cal, pwr, int, grd at will. I'M not a geek.

No comments: