The dice were not on my side this week. My yahoo account was hijacked and sent "casino" spam to my 935 address book contacts. I am feeling like a big loser at the moment.
What surprises me most about the whole experience was some of the responses i got.
Here's my top 10 countdown:
10. "Always bet on black."
9. "New writing job? Hit me!"
8. "I've been looking for more info about how to work from home and play casino games..."
7. "Could you explain this to me? I could never remember all those situations. (in BlackJack). Are you doing this?"
6. "Yep, you are now a cyclocross goddess *and* a gambling queen! :-)"
5. "diverting from the porn sites - or is this how you afford to visit them?"
4. "I just won three bucks!"
3. "Christine, you moved from Vegan to Vegas apparantly..."
2. "do i get a free cocktail with every visit?"
1. "how fucking sad to get this kinda crap from someone i used to have respect for".
I am so sorry to all of you who received the spam. And thanks a bunch for your understanding and humor.