Thursday, December 18, 2008

Slow week at the office

This week has been rather relaxed. I packed my bags for the Scheldecross race tomorrow (Friday) in Antwerpen and for our departure the following morning for Nommay, France for the next world cup on Sunday. It is a six hour drive to Nommay so I am partly excited for the roadtrip since i'll get to practice my limited French and buy authentic french baguettes in the gas stations. But it is still a long time in a car. Maybe I will rotate those same six cd's that jonas and i have been listening to on roadtrips for the last year. We are also taping a few movies on the TV tonight since I can't bear to hear Al Pacino or Leo Di Caprio speak french.

I also got a new book today - YIPPEE!! It is Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I think they just made a movie about it. Normally I dont read blockbusters but my friend Karen gave me a book called New Moon on her last trip here. There arent many places to buy english books so i read it, only to find out that it is the second book of a four-book series. Shoot. Now i have to read the first book (Twilight) to get the answers to assumptions made in the second book, and also must find out how it all ends. Luckily, there is a British shop down the block so I ordered the rest of the books.

Well, i gotta get to my book now. My next post should be by monday or tuesday. Fingers crossed that i will have good results to write about - or at least good stories!

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

GCDavid said...

Good Luck! You'll have plenty of other Americans racing over there, as the US Armada has left the station. I'll probably be watching on-line, so smile and wave.

Amy said...

We have all of those books, we brought them back in August. I read the first one, but my oldest has read them all. If you ever need some English books let me know, we can lend you some! And thank God for the British store.

bikesgonewild said...

...road trip !!!...

...have a great weekend...

Phil said...

I usually get results at cyclingnews, but find them to be lacking in equal coverage to women's events (even when men are also there). Any suggestions? Is this status quo? The whole thing is kinda disappointing.

GCDavid said...

cxmagazine.com is the choice. Equal coverage, great print edition.

Echelon said...

Hi Peanut

thanks so much for your kinds words. its been a difficult year. the one thing i have that keeps me going is watching my favorite thing on earth....cyclo-cross. i'm glad you are doing well and keeping us all jealous with your wonderful european lifestyle of a cyclist.

all the best during the holidays.

-your friend

Echelon