Saturday, March 17, 2007

Projects complete!



After a few days of fussing over the bike, I am just about there. I still have to learn all the various functions of the iBike. Maybe i should take a look at the manual. But even without looking at the directions, it was easy enough to figure out all the basic functions so it can be useful to me tomorrow at Het Volk. I must admit the bike does look a bit more attractive without the huge-ass saddle bag, lights, and random zip-ties.

Rumor has it that we should have our team bikes this month - just can't wait!!!

Even though the sky remained pale blue-grey all day, the cyclists were swarming about. I passed about twelve separate groups while i rode around this afternoon. I bet if i were to have been out there in the morning, I would have seen four times the amount! Oddly enough, I almost never see any women out training. The last time i saw a woman in race clothing was last year. I wonder where Belgium put them all?

6 comments:

Chris said...

Hey try this
http://www.nyvelocity.com/content.php?id=889

My friend Andy has an ibike thingy and he's pretty good at breaking it down and explaining stuff. That's his website www.nyvelocity.com

PEANUT said...

Thanks for info chris. I checked it out. I have the one with cadence as well. I will go back to his site maybe monday when i have time again to fiddle with it. I wonder what swimmers have to obsess about? not many toys there i suppose.

Sami said...

Good luck in the bicycle racing circle tomorrow! (Or is it straight-line type Het Volking?)

Chris said...

I think swimmers obsess over drag and body hair.

TriCoachTre' said...

I'm happy to see a pro using the iBike, too! I've had one for about 2 months and I've always wondered if it's accurate. My bike shop buddy here put the iBike on his SRM equipped S-Works and he says it jives right along with the more expensive tap. Some of my cycling buddies kinda' look down on it and keep saying "I'm saving up for an SRM". Meanwhile, I'm training for IM with power and they're still trying to find $3500.

I'm still looking for comparisons, so could you please post Geoff's results when you're able? Thanks. I really like your blog and writing style. Good luck in your races!

Tre'

gewilli said...

"geoff's" results...

i think until we can get the little Miss Peanut back in New England again there'll be no chart of comparison for me to compare with her... the 30 odd kg i am carrying more than she is will definitely skew any posted "numbers" as a comparison between us...

for the record my power measure is made using a used powertap pro that i bought for not much more than the price of an iBike...

if i do any meaningful comparison's i'll let ya know...

and remember - watts are good, w/kg are better (or worse if you are slow)...