Saturday, April 28, 2007

Snow during a heat wave

For the past two weeks, we've had snow - but not the normal "melt in your mouth" variety! Instead, the flakes get lodged up my nose, down my throat and make a white paste when mixed with my sweaty, suncreened body.

Summer weather came so quickly here that all the foliage is blooming at once, releasing random flyaways into the air. The sky is so thick with this stuff. Very odd. Not a problem if i conducted my training rides from behind the steering wheel of a car. But on the bike, I have a dilemma. Do i breathe through my nose in hopes that the nose hairs will catch them as they attempt to set up camp in my lungs? Or do i breathe through my mouth knowing full well that i will spend much of the ride coughing them out of my lungs? Since both options suck based on recent personal experience, tomorrow i will go with plan C - the handkerchief.

I will wrap the Pruneaux d'Agen team issue handkerchief around my face like a bandit to prevent the buggers from gaining entry to my air passages. Surely all the other gals in the race will be jealous!

No comments: