Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I'm now famous for another reason...

crashing. My pre-ride crash two days before World Championships was caught on film and shown during the weekly TV show called Allez, Allez Zimbabwe last week. A few friends gave me the news after watching the episode. How embarrassing. It's especially embarrassing because i stood at the top of the technical drop-off watching and waiting, watching and waiting until finally i had enough courage to give it a go. I'd say about one out of every ten people were falling there while i watched. I soon became part of that statistic.

As I was peeling myself off the ground, i remember looking around to assess the spectatorship, but i didn't see a camera crew. But then again, all my other crashes this euro season have been caught on TV so why not this one too! Someone once told me bad publicity is better than no publicity. I'm not too sure if i agree with that one! Time will tell...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a shame I didn't looked this show .. lol
No I'm laughing !
And yes bad publicity is better than no publicity. But it's not really a bad publicity ..

gewilli said...

no such thing as bad publicity...